Imerman Angels

Monday, December 9, 2013

Run Chat 12/8

Q1- If a race is canceled, what would be the best solution? Refund? Reschedule? Something else?

A1-This is a hard question. It is also something that I would not wish on anyone. A refund is probably the best solution. Races cost a lot of money and people might use that money to pay for something else. Rescheduling is difficult because it could anger people who will not be able to the race on the new date.


Q2- How far in advanced do you start looking at race day weather? What's been your worst racing conditions?


A2-I usually look the week of. My races have all come in Chicago and it is useless to to check anytime before that; the weather changes daily. The ironic part is that I never really check the weather on race day.


I have been very fortunate to have decent running conditions for my races. I guess the worst race conditions that I experienced are when I ran the RnR Chicago Half and it got pretty hot. Every other race has been just fine. I hope it stays that way(knock on wood).


Q3-What's your worst blister or chaffing story?


A3-Been lucky enough to never deal with a serious blister or chaffing.


Q4-What's been your best running purchase in 2013? What tops your wish list?


A4-Best purchase are my Brooks Ravenna 4's. I would love to have a Garmin or a solid baselayer.


Q5-Right now, what is the one word that describes your relationship with running?


A5-Alright. I am slowly getting back into it after having to take a few weeks of.

No comments:

Post a Comment